A series of three two-hour instructed life drawing sessions, taught by Clive Powsey. This course will build on the first course's exercises and concepts, though it's also suitable for anyone who already has some life drawing experience.
Topics include experiencing a sense of three-dimensional movement and form, developing an awareness of the human body's structure and anatomy, and the depiction of light and shade on form.
Participants will be encouraged to work with watercolour on a flat table in the third session. The list below includes the materials needed for this.
Please bring along the following:
• An easel is encouraged, but if you don't have one, you'll be shown an advantageous way of using a table or two chairs
• 18x24in drawing board (you can make your own by taping several sheets of cardboard together)
• Conte crayons black 2B
• Compressed charcoal sticks (make sure you get the softest grade possible)
• Kneadable eraser
• 18x24in newsprint pad, 40-50 sheets
• Some small 11x15in. sheets of watercolour paper
• #14 brush (preferably two)
• A tube of ultramarine blue and burnt sienna
• A water container and a white plastic lid for a palette